Below is a list of rules that need to be followed throughout the duration of this competition.
1. Fishing commences at 6.30am and finishes at 2.30pm. All fish must be on the beach for weigh in from 2pm to 3.30pm. If you are late for weigh in after 4pm there is a fine of $10.00 per fish weighed in. This goes to the foundation as a donation. No fish will be excepted after 4.30pm.
2. Please help keep our beaches clean, all rubbish must be taken back off the Island when we leave.
3. Entry fee is $75.00 per person, which includes dinner on the island provided by Spitroast, plus a various selections of wine, sponsored by Profile Fabrics, and beer from Lion Red. Numbered tickets will also be in the draw for spot prizes during the evening.
4. We picked Motuihe Island for a venue as it is sheltered for boating from the wind in all directions, and it is a beautiful location to hold this event.
5. As this is the sixth competition we need some help. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and suggestions to raise donations would be appreciated.
6. All boat communication and fishing updates during the day will be on channel 6. There will be Zodiac boats avaliable to transfer you from your boat to the beach, call up channel 6 if you require a pick up, this is organised by Ben Fleetwood.
7. All fishing is to be restricted to the Hauraki Gulf region, up to 20 nautical miles from Motuihe Island, but to be honest, all the good fish are around Motihue Island. So you do not have to travel far, just take a lot of Berley this is the key.
8. For out of town fishers there are plenty of Charter boats to hire in the Auckland region. Brett has a full list of operators which you can contact or groups you can join.
9. The idea of this day is to have fun, so suppliers put teams together of customers. Remember this competition is open to past and present members of the New Zealand Homefurnishings. (Drapery/Upholstery/Bedding suppliers, Flooring suppliers, retailers, instalation experts, cutters, warehouseman, wholesalers, interior designers, cushion makers, curtain makers, agents and more)
10. On the day any one caught with a moblie phone making business calls will be fined $5. All proceeds will go to Charity. The rules are pretty simple. There will be buckets to put your fines in.
11. If by chance a drawn weight occurs on fish, the first angler in with his catch wins. The official weigh master is Alan Beach, his word is final.
12. For people who wish to come out to the Island to visit and to be part of the evening and not fish you can catch Water Taxis. Cost is $36.00 per person one way. We will also have Water Taxis back to Auckland, departing the Island at 8.30pm, which will cost $35.00 per person.
13. Contact Brett Fleetwood or Chrissy Garcia to purchase your entry Ph (09) 479 5195 guys and girls get in soon, the count down now begins, to get your name on some fine Trophies, and take home some great prize packages.
14. If you wish only to come out to the Island for dinner, drinks and enjoy the atmosphere of Motuhie Island the cost of ticket is $55 per person, please phone Sandra or Chrissy about this.
15. During the evening there will be on the spot auctions occuring like previous years, which were very successful and raised plenty of money. Please bring a pocket load of cash or your credit card. Gerald and Brent will organise these, if any one wishs to donate for the Auction please contact us, we appreciate all items.
16. One prize per Angler for each division. This means weigh in one fish per catagory.
17. NO SHARKS to be entered or Weighed in. Do not target toothy critters.